Saturday, August 21, 2010

Song in my heart.

We just got back from an awesome vacation with my family. It was so much fun! It was super relaxing, lots of napping (already in withdrawal), great beach, lots of laughs and memories. As an added bonus, our friends Paul and Amy and their kids, came to spend a day with us there. It will probably be the last time we will see them for awhile. Paul is getting ready to go to tech school and then they will be moving to either New Mexico or Las Vegas. The good news about that is that we will have a new place to visit and friends to stay with.

During this trip to Virginia I realized just how much my littlest boy loves to sing/hum! I've noticed it before but while having this entire trip to relax and spend time together I was really able to notice it. It is the cutest thing, he wakes up singing, falls to sleep singing, sings while he plays, while we are in the car, while he's browsing through books, literally all of the time! On our [very, very long] drive home yesterday I was listening to him sing and thought about we should always have a song in our heart. I am so blessed, I have so many things to be thankful for and instead of worrying about all of the things that aren't or how things should be, I should be singing and thanking God for all of the things that ARE. Thank you Cartie for reminding me to keep a song in my heart, I <3 you.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
 I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment