Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Before [& After]

Isn't it crazy how time flies? How much things change in a short amount of time? Where you end up vs how you thought that things would go? I've been thinking about this lately- well kind of since our 7 year wedding anniversary just went by last week.



Seven years ago we were young. We had big dreams and hopes and we were carefree. We didn't exactly know where God would lead us and we were ok with that. We had fun, stayed up late, hung out with friends whenever, and I could eat whatever I wanted and didn't need to worry about excercise.


We were blessed to work with an amazing group of students and leaders for five years. Had some good times, trips, late nights, & memories. I'd get carded for seeing a rated R movie and get asked out by some of the teens that visited youth group.



In 2006 we had Braden. Our lives changed. I could not have imagined loving someone so much. Our focus suddenly shifted. There was so much more to think about. I couldn't imagine life without that little guy.



Then in 2009 we gave Braden the best gift ever, a brother, Carter.


When I was pregnant with Carter I worried (and sometimes cried) that I wouldn't be able to love him as much as I loved Braden. I couldn't imagine what it would be like- to be the mom of two, how I would handle all of the everyday things, whether we would like him as much (it's kind of sad to admit), whether Braden would love him. Much to my relief (and i'm sure now to yours) I loved him immediately. As soon as I saw him I knew that he belonged to us, he was part of our family, he was perfect. I instantly couldn't imagine life without Carter as part of us.



And now in 2010,we're not quite as young, I don't get carded for R rated movies, I don't usually choose to stay up too late because I know my boy will be up by 6am, it's a little harder to be spontaneous, my house is sometimes messy, I usually have laundry to wash or fold or both, I can't always remember the last time I got to pee [or be in the bathroom alone!], we made choices/moves that we couldn't have anticipated, vacation doesn't mean sleeping in/laying out but getting up early and finding crabs and building sandcastles- but I can't imagine life any other way. I am blessed and priviledged to be able to stay home with my boys. Thanks to my hard working husband who works so that I can stay home.

Seven years ago I could never have imagined this life I lead now. A life where I love Rob more than I did then and where we get to love and raise these two boys together- with all of the bumps and bruises that come our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment