Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Slow start

So I've had a slow start in 2010. At least when it comes to getting my goals on paper and such. I've been thinking them through but I haven't made it "final" by actually getting them down and telling the hubby so I have some form of accountability. But, I know that one of the things that I am looking to do is try and take at least one photo every day. Does that sound like too much? It might be but I thought it would be awesome to be able to look back next January and be able to physically see [not just remember] all of the changes and different events that happen on a regular basis. Because really, the boys do change every day. There's something different or new that they learn. Plus so far I have realized that since I'm thinking about needing to take a photo every day it really gets me to consider the little things or details that I might otherwise dismiss. By this I mean that it might seem like I would run out of 'ideas' of things to photograph but instead of having every picture be of some sort of big event or something posed or done on purpose, I'll have to consider things like how messy Carter is when he eats and how he's in the [awful- well annoying to clean up] stage where he likes to drop food off of his highchair and try to capture that. And those will be the things that will be nice to remember because they are overlooked as just something that happens every single day. On somewhat of a random note, I wish that someone could get a picture of me trying to dress Carter. Geez Louise- at just 9 months the little boy battles with me. He simply does not like it, fights me with every ounce of strength he has- every single morning, its exhausting. But ok. Let's see if I can hunker down, stop being a wussy girl and get my goals down so I can get to work. In the meantime...

Braden and I painted last night- I was thinking about a rug in Joce's room, thus the flowers. It was pretty much relaxing to do this and I was inspired to tap into some other creative realms this year- such as painting.


Below is my photo for today 1/6. Every morning after Braden gets up we get some milk [I of course delight in my cup of coffee] and cozy up on the couch for some cartoons before we venture into breakfast and the activities of the day. We've done this for forever. Don't judge me for letting my boy watch tv first thing in the morning! Who doesn't need time to wake up and enjoy some lovely java??
This particular one cracks me up. This is typical, Braden with his paci and blue. We were watching Curious George, love the look on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment