Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Mysterious Rash.

So the weather's been great. After being cooped up in the house for the entire winter with two kids, I could not be happier that the weather is finally getting nice and warm. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but keeping them entertained all day long while being in doors is not easy (if you can do this successfully, i'm totally open to ideas!). Besides, my boys are both active and Braden loves being outside doing all that boy stuff and playing sports :) Anyway, we spent the entire day outside yesterday. After Braden woke up from his nap I noticed that his face was red and that his eye area was a little swollen. I figured that maybe he got bitten by something or that he was having some sort of allergy type of reaction.. Well he woke up and the redness was more of a rash, he was itching all over, and his eyes were still swollen. After a couple of hours and seeing the "rash" spread down his neck I decided to get it checked out- better safe than sorry right? Well, it's a good thing I went...apparently the "rash" is scarlet fever (without the fever) and is a side effect of Strep Throat. Really? Yep, my poor little guy has a high pain tolerance. He never once complained about his throat and didn't have any other symptoms that would have led me to believe that he was sick. I thought it was weird but I was glad that I took him in. Did I mention how sad I am that he's getting to be such a big boy?? I am. Sad. He's so sweet.

You can't really see the rash but you can see a little bit of the swollenness around his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment