Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday Carter!

It was about 11pm on the night of March 16th, I was already in bed and half asleep, when... my water broke! I wanted you to come so badly, I was SO ready, but still quite surprised. You weren't due until the 30th but you came early, just like your brother. I quickly woke daddy up and within a short amount of time we were off to the hospital. I was expecting a long wait, since I hadn't been having any contractions and had to be induced for Braden. I had no idea what was coming my way!!
I went from no contractions to really serious and quite painful contractions. I went from a sit back, try to get some sleep to its time to push in just a matter of hours.

You were born at 4:49am on March 17, 2009 (You share a birthday with your Papa).

I cannot believe that it has been a year. You have brought so much joy to our lives. We all love you so much. You are the sweetest little thing. You have a funny (sometimes stuborn) little personality. You give shy little glances and big, cute smiles. You melt my heart. Your big brother, Braden, adores you. And you love him, you smile and squeal when he comes into the room first thing in the morning. He makes you laugh so hard. It took you 10 months to sleep through the night, but you crawled and walked quite early! Actually, it's your first birthday and you are a pro at walking :)

I love you so much!

Happy 1st Birthday Cartie.



No comments:

Post a Comment