Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Braden turns 3

Braden officially turns 3 tomorrow but we had a small birthday party for him this past Sunday afternoon. It was Curious George themed party and the kiddos got to make their own pizzas. I am always amazed at how much time you spend prepping for everything but then the event itself just flies by. I tried to relax and enjoy my time.
Indulge me for a second as I reminisce. Three years ago tonight I was 37 1/2 weeks preggo. December 22nd was my last day of work before I began my maternity leave (my due date was Jan 8th and I was planning on taking vacation for holidays and spending a couple of weeks prepping for the baby to come. Meaning that I had nothing, I mean absolutely nothing ready. Shower gifts were still in boxes and gift bags in the baby's room and I had not even thought about packing my hospital bag. Yea, not sure what that was all about but ok). My parents and sister were due to come into town on the 23rd to spend Christmas with us and so because I had obviously left my Christmas shopping until the absolute last minute..I was hauling my very pregnant body all through the mall until like 10pm that night. THEN I went home to wrap gifts and had a strange urge to scrub my kitchen floor at 1am. I think that Rob finally convinced me to get to bed somewhere around 2am. Little did I know that just three hours later I would wake up <5:15am> and my water would break. Yes, my water broke and after eating some breakfast, doing some laundry, and packing my bag, we drove to the hospital and Braden Robert Casey was born on December 23, 2006 at 9:15pm. He was 7.04lbs and 18 3/4in. He was a tiny little bundle.
I cannot even believe that its three years later. The time has most definitely flown by. Braden is at a very interesting stage. Everything is very emotional. But I have to say that he is the snuggliest most loveable little guy there is. He talks a ton and pretty well (not just bragging, the dr said so!) too, he's able to express his feelings and thoughts. When I was getting things ready for his party he was like "mommy i love it, i so excited!" It definitely made all the running around feel better! Braden loves his little brother. Loves to hug him and kiss him and sometimes push him and poke him too. He now says things like "I love you" of his own free will. He can count to ten, knows his full name. He loves to paint, has a great imagination, loves to help and fix things. Only drinks chocolate milk, usually remembers that nuts make him sick, no longer likes sitting in the stroller or store carts. He's very sweet and observant- he'll notice when there's a new shower curtain or some other random thing in the house has changed and point it out, "i like that curtain mommy." He has moved past the stage where he'll only eat oatmeal for breakfast, he'll almost always try any food that he can 'dip', he doesn't like potatos, right now his favorite juice is V8 fruit juices. He likes to dive in the tub and "go under" to find his guys- and when he says go under, he really goes under. He is getting better about going on the potty but we're still working on getting rid of the paci. I could go on and on but instead i'll just say
Happy 3rd Birthday Braden, I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment