Thursday, November 19, 2009

Grandpa.


Growing up my sister and I spent almost every summer in Puerto Rico. We would leave right after school ended in June and come back to NY in August. We would stay with my mom's parents but always had visits from grandpa- my dad's dad. He would drive up in his car and his hat- he always wore a hat (those hats golfers wear- you know??). Usually really neatly dressed in his button up, linen shirt and dress slacks. He would take us for drives, usually to visit other relatives and always took us to eat our favorite foods, made us fresh lemonade with lemons from his tree and got us mangos.

I'm thinking of grandpa tonight. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers a year and a half or so ago. He's having a hard time right now. He's forgetting, he's sad, he's falling alot. I'm sad. I'm sad that he's so far away. But I'm thankful that he has gotten an opportunity to meet my boys and i'm hoping we'll get to see him again. That he'll hang out for a little longer and we'll get to make a couple more memories with him. I love my grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment