Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Settling In.

So we have been in our new place for a little bit over a week. I have been super focused on getting everything unpacked (or in the basement so its out of the way). Other than just not wanting to stare/ live out of boxes and wanting to see all of my things again, it's just not practical and safe to have tons of boxes everywhere with the kids around. I can say that my focus has payed off! With the exception of a couple of things, everything is out of boxes and we even have some pictures and art up on the walls.
We love the new place and thankfully the boys have adapted very well. There were some expected delays in bedtime the first night but other than a couple of gliches here and there- it has been seemless! I even think that Carter has been sleeping better since we've been here (knock on wood!).
Now my focus is to get into a good routine with the kids here at the new place. I want to be strategic about things. I know that routine/schedules/predicatability works really well with Braden- actually he pretty much needs it- so I want to establish some things from the beginning. Braden's been going through a bit of a rough patch. ALOT of attitude for a little person and some struggles with listening. I need to get to the bottom of it and be consistent [and patient, which if you know me, is not easy]. I'm determined not to be one of the parents that is begging their child to listen/obey, particulary out in public. I want him to listen to me the first time I give some sort of instructions. Anyway, I'll get off my ranting here but expect to hear more about my journey on this...because seriously, parenting is no easy task.
And because I have been such a slacker, here are a couple of pictures. You can even get a glimpse of one of our bold color choices for an accent wall in the living room!

Loving our new throw pillows! They look great with our curtains and the accent wall.



Braden was showing off his drumming skills this morning. Can you see the wall in the background?? I was super nervous about going so bold but am so glad we did. Don't worry, it's just one wall, not the whole living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment