Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Planting & Painting.

Today was a pretty productive day. We got an area rug for our basement, organized things down there a bit, I went to a planting class type of thing with Braden and Joce, and accomplished two little side projects! Did I mention I also cooked dinner?? Probably could leave that out because it was nothing to brag about- don't you just hate that?!? Boo.

Anyway, back to the more exciting things. My sister's mother in law signed the kids up for a little class at a local farm-Gade Farm. We met in the greenhouse, read some stories about recycling, taking care of the earth and planting things. Afterwards the kids got a chance to plant a couple of different things. It was short but sweet and we got to bring home six pots with cucumbers, beans, peas, sunflowers, squash and corn!

AND, my latest addiction might perhaps be spray paint! I discovered it last week and it's changing my life one household item at a time :) I revamped a little storage cupboard type thing that we had. I had not noticed how dingy, gross, and old it really was until I took it out back to sand and spray. I figured that however it turned out couldn't be much worse! By the way, I failed to take before pictures...i'm sad about that.

Then I also wanted to add a couple of things to the boys room. Just to add some personal things that also had some color. Nothing fancy or difficult- except for when you try to have my one year old cooperate when trying to get his handprint of course. Good thing Rob was around to help, otherwise it might not have happened.


Here are a couple of pics- i'll stop my rambling and get my sick self to bed or something :)
                                                         And this picture is so not perfect but I nearly lost my sight to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment