Thursday, February 4, 2010

365 [interrupted]

So, it's been a couple of days since I've posted. Probably because it's been a couple of days since I've taken photos. I guess you can say I've been in a bit of a funk, a photo funk. Yesterday afternoon I had a couple of hours without Braden -thanks Grandma!- so I decided to take a drive to a park that I had been wanting to scope out for "spots" and see what I could find. I had pulled out of the driveway and was a couple of miles from the house when I realized that I had forgotten to grab my battery that had been charging. I have two other batteries, one was dead and the other one had been really low the last couple of times I had used it [of course!]. I was so annoyed but decided I didn't feel like turning around and would just keep driving.
I got to the park and was pretty much feeling like I had wasted my time, afterall I'd probably be able to take one photo before my camera died and I had little man [Carter] with me so it wasn't like I could just park and walk- it was freezing. I drove around the park a couple of times, pulled over a couple of times and finally felt/saw a bit of inspiration. My first couple of shots were totally not great but I just decided to pull over and really look. It was amazing what I saw when I changed my attitude! I didn't get any amazing shots and my camera died when I finally got into a little bit of a groove but I felt a bit refreshed AND I even got to get shots with my zoom lens that I rarely ever use. So i'd like to say that i'll be back up with my 365 tomorrow or better yet that I started back up today but I'm just not sure.

2 comments:

  1. hey! totally forgot you had a blog until today and decided to check it out. You have totally inspired me to "take time and smell the roses." I love your idea of taking a picture of something everyday and I think im going to steal it ( with a goal of 1x time a week. lol) I may not have as nice as a camera as you do but it will do the job. You have also inspired me to pick up a hobbie and stick with it. Only problem is I have to find one. Well keep up the good work. your awsome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy! Let me know how your hobby search goes and I totally want to see your weekly pics!

    ReplyDelete