Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Standard.

As women, we often put alot of pressure on ourselves. There are many shoes that we need to fill and we obviously want to do them well. Time and time again I find that I am so hard on myself. I cut everyone slack, understand that people have alot on their plate, allow room for improvement or mistakes but don't allow myself the same. I look around and compare myself to others and see how I need to change. Today I found myself thinking to whom I was comparing myself to.What or whom am I measuring myself against and where am I getting these [sometimes ridiculous] ideas.
This year I am taking the risk. Letting go of preconcieved notions of who I think i'm supposed to be and simply becoming. Doing things I want to do but normally wouldn't because of what someone might think or say. Does that sounds wrong or selfish? Bummer for you cause here I come :)


No comments:

Post a Comment