Monday, September 6, 2010

Hello, September!

I am excited for September for many reasons..For starters, fall is my favorite season! I love the cool, crisp air, wearing sweaters, the changing leaves and how beautiful everything looks. Fall feels fresh and like the beginning of something new. I think this year i'm a little extra excited for fall for some reasons I can't share just yet [and no we are not having a baby :)]. And I can't forget- in just a few short weeks my new baby niece will be here! I cannot wait to meet her, hold her, snuggle her, and of course snap some photos!

I was originally somewhat mourning the end of summer- it was a great one, lots of fun, outdoor play, and memories for us as well as the boys. I think it was extra special just because Braden is old enough now that he can really remember the different things we did and places we visited. Just the other day he was telling someone the places we went to on vacation this year- he remembered each place in the order we visited. Sigh, my boy is getting big. But ok, back to loving September.

This September I really just wanted to take the time to jot down a couple of "goals" or things I really wanted to focus on this fall. I did something similar to this at the beginning of the year and it has been nice to look back and see what i've accomplished or how i've done with certain things I wanted to work on. So, this is nothing serious or long but just along the lines of really wanting to focus and take the time to enjoy the moments and this season that will be gone before we know it.

So this September [or Fall really] I want to:
~ Stay consistent with my running, at least 3 times a week (i'll be participating in my first 5k at the end of the month, yikes!)
~ Go apple picking- I really like Bowman's Orchard so I definitely want to go there but i'd also like to check out a new place. Just read about a place in Burlington, VT hmm..
~ Pick back up on my reading! I love to read but it seems that I haven't picked up a book in quite some time. So i'll be starting this up with two books that I started and didn't get very far in. The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian.
~ Be purposeful with time spent with my boys. This is Braden's last year before he heads to school. He is already so big and I have been blessed to be able to stay home with him. I don't take this time for granted one bit. I want to soak up this time I have with him.
~ Keep up with my 365. I had started at the beginning of the year and then slacked. Thanks to motivation from a friend I started it back up and have been able to keep up with it.
~ Work on my editing and Photoshop skillz.
~ Figure out a schedule/routine for myself and the family that I can live with. Where I can get things done around the house, spend quality time with the boys and hubby, and still get time in there for myself.

Thankful for this new season and anticipating all the great things that are in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment