Monday, October 12, 2009

I don't like you.

Braden's vocabulary has really expanded. Every day he catches me by surprise with some whitty comment or phrase that he says. Usually, it's something that he's heard or something that I have recently said to him that he repeats and adds to his everyday usage. Every so often when I'm in the middle of disciplining him for something he'll bust out with something and I have to stop and look away for a moment so that I don't laugh hysterically.
His popular phrases or comments these days are:
"I don't want to"
"In a couple of minutes mom"
"I'm not ready"
The one I hear most often lately is "I don't like you"- I thought that he wasn't supposed to start saying that until he was a teenager??
If he doesn't like something I've told him to do, usually in response to misbehavior/discipline he says "mommy, that's not nice. you be nice to me."
It all usually makes me chuckle- even if it's not in the precise moment- but it makes me sad to realize how big he's getting. I guess in the end alot of his new phrases are part of him becoming independent and feeling like he has some control in making decisions- i'm sure that's what my Parents magazine would say! I'm just trying to enjoy him and cherish all of these funny and quirky moments.



This is in my sister's backyard. He's obsessed with trying to shovel this little pile of dirt. I thought the foot on the shovel ordeal was pretty funny. He must have seen someone do this at some point.




The backyard is full of these sticky pinecones!



My new goal is to try and take some photos everyday..we'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment