Monday, February 7, 2011

Perspective.

It's a funny thing, perspective. Have you ever thought that you had it all figured out until for some reason you saw things from a different angle and it completely changed the way you felt?

I am trying to become better about seeing things from a different perspective. I tend to overthink (& sometimes over complicate) the simplest of matters. I look and worry too far into the future or about things that are beyond my control and will often miss the beauty of what lies right in front of me. Many times I am so concerned with what is missing, how it could be better, what needs to change, why it doesn't work (geez sounds awful negative) that I'm not being thankful, joyful, present.

I am ready to start living differently. To be at peace with where I am and appreciate the small things that are so easily overlooked everyday. I don't want to miss out (on my family, the gifts God has already given me) on my life because of my perspective. Because the truth is that the way we see things determines the way we respond to them, determines the way we live. And I want to enjoy and live fully this life I have been gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment